Become a CBL head coach or Team Owner Today!
Learn how you can earn over to $200,000 per year as a CBL team owner.
Team Owner Tournament Cash Prize Potential:
||Team Owner Cash Prize
||16 Teams = 100% CASH PRIZE
||24 Teams = 100% CASH PRIZE
||32 Teams = 100% CASH PRIZE
||64 Teams = 100% CASH PRIZE
|Total Quarterly Earning Potential
|TOTAL YEAR EARNING POTENTIAL
Head Coach/Team Captain team license get 10% of tournament cash prizes if they win and no regular season game cash prizes.
Team Owners do not and cannot pay players any sort of salary, compensation, or any of their cash prize winnings for playing on their teams. Players are paid regular season and tournament cash prizes based on their individual player membership level or status.
Team Owners that do not adhere to this league Bylaw will be in breach of the Team Ownership license agreement and banned from the CBL for life!
Click here to see available team license locations.
mandatory head Coach, Team captain & team Owner requirements:
- All teams are required to schedule their own games and notify the CBL corporate office
- All teams must use the CBL's iScout basketball stats app system (CBL corporate office provides login access)
- All teams must film each game on the CBL's live stream network/channel
- All teams must use the CBL uniform vendor or have the CBL uniform logo on all player uniforms
- All players must be registered members of the CBL to be placed on a team roster and in the league statistics system
- Team Owners cannot accept player membership payments, all players must make their membership payment via the CBL website for record keeping and cash prize payment purposes.
Head Coach, Team captain & Team owner responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with and coordinating team administration with CBL corporate office
- Responsible for recruiting and signing your coach (if you don't coach your team)
- Responsible for selling your team's sponsorship products and services to local businesses
- Responsible for finding a facility for practices and games
- Responsible for any court rental cost for practices and/or games
- Responsible for insurance cost (CBL can assist with insurance)
- Responsible for purchasing team uniforms (Majority team ownership package comes with 14 custom uniforms.
- Each team must play a minimum 6 regular season games to qualify for the quarter season tournament lottery.
Be sure to review the Team Owner FAQs page for frequently asked questions.
head Coach, Team captain & team ownership options/investment:
- Head Coach/Team Captain Investment - Regular Price $150.00
- Free Agent Team License Investment - Regular price $997.00
- Community Ownership License Investment - Regular Price $3,000.00
- Minority Ownership License Investment - Regular Price $5,000.00
- Majority Ownership License Investment - Regular Price $10,000.00
Check for Today's Team License Special Offers. Financing is available for those who qualify!
quarter season schedules & SEASON BREAKDOWN:
- January - March: Q1 season
- April - June: Q2 season
- July - September: Q3 season
- October - December: Q4 season
The Quarter Season 90-Day Schedule Breakdown:
- 0 - 30 Days - Draft & Team Training Camp
- 31 - 60 Days - Team Can Start Playing Regular Season Games
- 61 - 90 Days - Post Quarter Season Tournaments
League Directors, Team Owners, GMs, or Coaches cannot accept membership payments from players.
Click here to see Team Owners most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Click here to see the Team Owner Disclaimer information.
who are ideal head coaches, Team Captains or team owners?
Anyone who is entrepreneurial minded with a desire and passion to do something great in their community, loves basketball, and wants to help provide opportunities players. The CBL is the best basketball team ownership opportunity available in the industry hands down! You will be helping players and yourself. Join our league today and see why we are the fastest growing basketball league business in the US!